8 Tips To Wake Up Early In Morning Without Being Lazy
(Note: This article is for general information purposes only and is not intended as medical or other professional advice.)
8 Tips To Wake Up Early In Morning
Without Being Lazy
by Yabesh Dutta
To wake up early in morning can be a challenge when you can sleep instead, but it’s possible. It’s tough at the start, but with time you start to master it. Waking up early makes you productive, focused, feel energetic, improves sleep quality, etc. We enjoy nature, peace, quietness, wet grass with the beauty of the sunrise.
Even if you are the latest riser, you can become an early bird. You just need practice and commitment to achieve it.
We know it’s tough in the beginning. Therefore, we have 8 tips for you on “How to wake up early in the morning”:
1. Get early to bed
“Early to bed, early to rise”, even kids know it. When you are sleeping late, it gets hard to wake up early in the morning. Plus, you feel drowsy after you wake up. An average adult needs between 7 to 9 hours of daily sleep; anything less can make you struggle waking up. So, If you want to get up at 5 a.m. you need to get into bed before it’s 10 p.m. The rule is simple—
The earlier you go to bed, the easier it becomes to wake up early in the morning.
2. Find a reason to wake up early in morning
When you have a good reason, it’s easier to wake up in the morning. Most want to get up early but never know why or have fragile reasons. When you’re about to go on a road trip with friends and have to wake up at 5 a.m., you get up at 3 on your own. However, when it’s your class you keep pressing the snooze button— You just don’t need a simple reason but the one that excites you. You need a reason that is more appealing than your sweet sleep.
A good reason can depend from person to person, choose a reason that excites you.
3. Leave the curtains slightly open
Before going to bed, leave the curtains slightly open. It will allow the sunlight to pass through and get you up naturally. This is so effective that you might even not need an alarm clock to wake up early in morning. On sunny days, it works the best to help you wake up early in the morning.
4. Avoid blue light before bed
Blue lights from the screens reduce the production of melatonin (a hormone that controls your sleep). The more you get exposed to blue light, the more it reduces the melatonin and affects your Circadian rhythm (also known as your ” body clock”), making it harder to get a quality sleep .
You can instead read books or take a bath. This will help go to sleep and also to wake up early in morning.
5. Avoid all-nighters
At some point in life, when we have too much work or assignment to complete under a short deadline. Then, we prefer to skip 1 or more nights of sleep for the sack of work. This not only can lead to exhaustion the next morning but also hinders your body’s ability to function. Furthermore, a recent study reported that a person who skipped a night’s sleep ends up with the cognitive impairment of a drunk. This tells us the importance of sleep to our bodies.
If you have a deadline moving toward you; stop procrastinating the work and get into action, so you won’t have to pull all-nighters to complete your job. When you have a good sleep, you wake up early in morning with full energy.
6. Avoid coffee and any sugary drinks
Coffee, energy drinks, and sugary sodas may give you a little boost to your mood and get you up for study. But drinking too much of it before bed can make it a challenge to sleep and also affect its quality. Having not a good sleep won’t help you wake up early in morning.
Instead, drink water or tea to keep yourself hydrated before bed.
7. Silent your phone
Set your phone into silent, turn on the “Do not disturb mode” or at least on vibrate.
Notifications while you’re asleep can disturb you and even wake you up, this ends up ruining your sleep quality. That message or funny meme will still be there for you when you wake up early in morning.
8. Place your alarm clock away from bed
Put the alarm away so you can’t snooze and sleep again. You can also add a small riddle that you’ll have to solve to turn off the alarm clock. This step will make you get out of your bed to turn off the alarm. By the time you reach the alarm, you will already be awake and away from your bed. Now, don’t hit the snooze button and get back to sleep. You can take a shower or wash off your face with cold water.
How Not To Feel Sleepy After You Wake Up Early in Morning
When you’re sleepy you might get back to sleep or can’t work on your best potential. However, there are many ways you can eliminate that sleepiness, even at midday. So, let’s just take a quick look at them:
- Wash your face with cold water. Or rub an ice cube on your wrist. This will trigger the adrenaline hormone for a fast stimulating effect. Drink a tall glass of water. Water is important for our body to function. As you hydrate yourself you’ll feel better and start to think more clearly. This is also good for your health.
- Stretch or Do a workout. It will get your blood flowing and reach every part of your body. It is better if you can go in nature, Fresh air and sunshine will make you more alert.
- Play Upbeat music. Music has effects on our mood. Upbeat and cheerful songs, in the morning, can kick start your day.
- Get exposed to sunlight. This will reset your circadian rhythm (your body clock), and naturally will make you feel awake. It is best to get direct sun exposure, you can try to go out for a walk.
- Take a cold shower. This is a good start for your day and makes you stay active.
5 Morning Habits Successful People Have
Now, after you know how to wake up early in morning. You might think what’s the best thing you can do after it. Therefore, here are some quick habits successful have:
- Make your bed. William H. McRaven has given an incredible graduation speech and has written a book on how you can change the world and start by making your bed.
- Don’t drink coffee immediately after waking up. You should completely avoid it before 9 a.m.
- Have a Morning routine. Every successful person follows a morning routine. You can add as much or as little as you want to your morning routine.
- Exercise. If you don’t have your health you can’t get successful.
- Ask this to yourself. Steve Jobs asked this question to himself every morning, “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? If the answer is ‘no’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
Building any good habit is not easy. Therefore you can check out “16 Rules To Create A Good Habit ” to some more pro tips on how to install any habit includ ing how to wake up early in morning.
Conclusion: Getting this into a habit
I have told you how to wake up early in the morning. Now the question is- Is waking up at 5 A.M really worth it? The answer is yes. The research shows that different people have different sleep patterns such as early risers, late-nighters, etc. The number of early risers is less but they are highly successful.
If you make it, I can guarantee you that your life will change. How do I know? I have been there. I have not mastered waking up early but have mastered enough to see the changes it is bringing to life.
It has changed my life completely. It is definitely a toil. For almost every day, you will have to wake up early for almost 66 days. In the end, it’s tough but if you make it, your life will change completely.