What makes a novel one of the best Fiction Romance books of all time?
Whether it features our favorite couples, a plot that has us speeding through the pages. Or memorable lines that we love to quote, there’s something about these Fiction Romance novels that makes them special.
So i wish, through this article you will find the best books for you, and in those books you will find a love for yourself, which will stay with you for a lifetime.
1.The Fault in our Stars
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ by John Green , left me in tears and heartbroken, “But it was a privilege to have my heart broken by it”.
There are very few books that have ripped my heart out and mended it quite like The Fault in Our Stars has.
The only thing worthy enough to say about this book is: “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly and then all at once.’”
It is a story of romance and anger, excitement and humor, friendship and bravery.
- Hazel Grace , an average teenage girl just like you. Except for the fact her body is filled with cancer and she has to carry around an oxygen tank because her “lungs suck at being lungs.”
- At each turn of the page you’re forced to feel the pain of Hazel’s lungs struggling to breathe and the reality that each breath she takes could be her last.
- Hazel is forced to join the Cancer Kids Support Group. Where she meets Augustus Waters, a cancer survivor, who reads her favourite books for her and hangs out with her and this helps her to gather strength. The two of them deal with cancer and love.
- It’s your basic teenage love story, But there is more to it than just two love birds that live happily ever after.
- This is not, as Hazel Grace might say, a “Cancer Book.”
The story is written in a breathtaking way which makes us become a part of the characters and feel the same emotions. John Green, through Hazel and Augustus, brings both: tears and laughter.Hazel and Gus might just break you and then put you back together again.
It is a beautiful novel and I would recommend it to anyone who believes in love and has the courage to fight for it.
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
2.Five Feet Apart
This book has an amazing combination of emotions, laughter and tears.
It brings awareness to something most people have never heard of, to show how important it is to feel grateful for being healthy.
To remind everyone that, “It’s just Life and it’ll be over before we know it“. We owe it to everyone who is unable to live their own life to the fullest, regardless of the reason.
This book inspires you to do something worthwhile, to be amazing, to love and laugh and cry and live. It’s not cheesy, it’s important.
- High school senior Stella Grant has cystic fibrosis and is tired of living a life in which “CF gets the final say.” Stella is strong and goal-oriented. She manages her medications with an app she designed and uses YouTube Live to educate others about CF. Her to-do list is a mile long.
- She meets artist Will Newman, another CF patient in a new drug trial at the hospital where they are both staying. Eight months earlier, he was diagnosed with B. cepacia. which knocked him off the lung transplant list
- And also means that he must stay several feet away from Stella or risk her health, she could lose her spot on the transplant list. Either one of them could die. The only way to stay alive is to stay apart. But suddenly six feet doesn’t feel like safety. It feels like punishment.
- What if they could steal back just a little bit of the space ,their broken lungs have stolen from them? Would five feet apart really be so dangerous if it stops their hearts from breaking too?
Stella: “Human touch. Our first form of communication. Safety, security, comfort, all in the gentle caress of a finger. Or the brush of lips on a soft cheek. It connects us when we’re happy, bolsters us in times of fear, excites us in times of passion and love.
We need that touch from the one we love, almost as much as we need air to breathe. But I never understood the importance of touch. His touch. Until I couldn’t have it. So if you’re reading this,and you’re able,touch him. Touch her. Life’s too short to waste a second.”
3.Pride and Prejudice
It is a truth universally acknowledged that some stories are capable of resisting the passage of time. And this is surely one of them.
The story traces the ups and downs of their life, their prejudices, arrogance, love and regrets.
- The story revolves around Elizabeth “Lizzy” Bennet, the second of five daughters of a rural family. Her father is the owner of Longbourn state. But he does not have a son to inherit the property.
- Thus, in order to support the family after Mr Bennet, it is important that one of the daughters marries a rich person. Hence, getting her daughters married becomes the only business of Mrs Bennet’s life.
- The move of a wealthy gentleman to the neighborhood seems to be what this lady has been waiting for. Mr. Bingley. The new tenant of Netherfield Park, arrives at his new home with the company of her two beautiful sisters and one of his closest friends, Mr. Darcy. The visit leads to an invitation to a ball where the daughters are introduced to his equally eligible bachelor friend, Mr Darcy.
- Soon it is clear that the personalities of the two friends are quite different: Bingley is good-tempered, kind and sociable, while Darcy is quiet, distant and cold.
- Further, Darcy insults Elizabeth by refusing to dance with her as he doesn’t find her “pretty enough”. This comment starts a kind of unspoken rivalry between them.
As the story goes on, both these characters get to know each other more and begin to revise their respective opinion about the other, but their personalities and the people and situations they meet along the way will make it difficult for them to accept and address their growing feelings towards each other.
The pride of the one and the prejudices of the other are certainly capable of tearing them apart.
The book is often described as one of the most satisfying love stories ever written. Try reading it and you will realise why it is called so.
4.All the bright places
‘All the bright places’ is a fiction romance novel by Jennifer Niven. It is a phenomenal book that looks at the idea that despite your love for someone, it isn’t always possible to save them.
It is a remarkable story of friendship, love, and dealing with suffering. The ending was indeed heartbreaking and no one should ever have to face such tragedies in their lives.
- Violet Markey and Theodore Finch meet at the top of the bell tower when both are contemplating suicide. And it is unclear who saves who but they both survive.
- Finch and Violet start to spend more and more time together. They grow closer and realise it’s the other who can save them from themselves. Each has serious issues that shape their world as they know it, but could love conquer all in the end?
The book first touches upon love and how quickly you can fall for someone. But also the pain that comes when your idea of forever love ends after a few months.
The characters think that love can help them battle and save each other’s lives. They both try but couldn’t fix anything. Violet is so consumed with guilt and Finch is so obsessed with death.
“Sometimes its the happiest people that are the saddest.“~ Robin Williams
This is a mature novel by Jane Austen, a novel whose main characters are a bit older and wiser.
- Anne Elliot, the younger daughter of an upper class family, falls in love with a naval officer,Captain Frederick Wentworth, who is visiting near her home.
- He wants to marry her, but her family friend Persuades her to turn down his proposal because of his lack of social position. Anne thought she was doing the right thing, but she never stopped loving him. He leaves to pursue his career. She goes on with her life.
- Fast forward eight years, Wentworth is now a Captain in the Royal Navy. And Anne is still unmarried. When Anne’s father is forced to rent the Elliot home, he and the eldest Elliot daughter, Elizabeth, move to Bath for a while.
- The new tenants at Kellynch Hall are Admiral Croft and his wife, and Mrs. Croft happens to be Wentworth’s elder sister. So after eight years, Wentworth and Anne reunite. But it won’t be easy for the two of them;
- Anne is nervous around him, and he seems to be perfectly content to spend time with the Musgrove sisters.
Ultimately, It is a story about first love and second chances.
6.To all the Boys I’ve Loved Before
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han,is about a girl,Lara Jean .
- She is the girl ,who writes secret love letters to the guys she loves. It’s her way of handling her emotions and getting over those crushes.
- She never intends to send those five letters, but then they get out, and she has to figure out how to deal with the consequences.
- She fake dates one of her old crushes so the other four don’t get the wrong idea, and the relationship develops in the best way.
Overall, this book is just a fun, light-hearted read if you’re looking for something less heavy than your usual selections.
Hideaway by Nora Roberts is one of the go-to fiction romance books who are interested in contemporary Romance. Along with some thrill and suspense in the plot.
- Ten-year-old Cate Sullivan is a fourth generation actor whose famous great-grandfather has recently died. At a celebration, Cate is kidnapped and held for ransom. Some may have considered her a pampered princess, but Cate was in fact a smart, scrappy fighter, and she managed to escape to a nearby ranch.
- Once the police begin investigating, it becomes evident that Cate’s mother planned the kidnapping as a way to make some quick money and is arrested.
- Dillon Cooper was shocked to find the bloodied, exhausted girl huddled in his house but when the teenager and his family heard her story they provided refuge.As Cate grows up, the shadow of what her mother did follows her.
- As a grown woman, she returns home. But as Cate’s feelings for Dillon develop, she once again becomes the target of threats—which may be linked to the recent release of her mother from prison.
The action unfolds quickly. Cate, meanwhile, is a gritty and charismatic but often unbelievable protagonist—even as a kid her instincts are perfect.
8.The Time Traveler’s Wife
I loved this book by Audrey Niffengger. It’s one of those stories that pulls you into the characters’ lives and leaves you wanting more.
- This fiction romance is about two people – Henry, the time traveler and his wife Clare. They are just like any two people who are in love with each other, except for the fact that Henry travels through time.
- Henry has a genetic disorder that makes him involuntarily travel through time to various points in the past and future of his own life, and weirdly, to Clare’s childhood.
- He can not hold onto any of his possessions when he time travels;. As– no clothes, no food, no money, and infact no identity.
- Sometimes he is gone for minutes, sometimes for hours and sometimes, even for days. Throughout all this, Clare is at Henry’s side, faithfully waiting for him to return to her, and live their life together in the present.
You’d think the time-travel aspect would make this more of a science fiction book, but this is essentially a romance, actually an epic romance novel. It is a love beyond time and place.
So I would recommend this book to everyone, because this is an experience you should not miss.
“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”
This book by Jamie McGuire is one best Contemporary Romance novels of all time.This fiction romance has a beautiful story with captivating dialogues and characterization.
- Abby and Travis meet in college. Travis is a tough, charming, insanely hot, tattooed badboy. Once he meets Abby,She just captivated . Abby is a good girl, no drinking, no swearing, pretty much just his complete opposite. Despite their differences, they are somehow drawn to each other.
- He makes a deal with her. Where if he does not drink alcohol for a month, she has to live with him for a month. They become friends before they become lovers.
- But its clear that they are meant to be together. Travis thinks a lot about Abby. He doesn’t feel worthy of her. But as the time passes, it becomes more and more impossible for them to not be together.
“I need to hear you say it. I need to know you’re mine.”
“I’ve been yours since the second we met.”
To read this awesome heart racing and heart breaking love story, go and buy this book:
10.The Girl who knew too much
This book by Vikrant Khanna brings you to the world full of suspense, thrill along with the concept of True love. The fiction romance in this book is about that silver lining we all search for in our dark times
In the beginning this book seems to be a cliché love story. But with the turning of pages you get immersed in the life of characters.And ask ourself a question, which protagonist has been asking throughout. : Can true love bring someone back from death??
- Akshara, the protagonist, is broken by the demise of her mother. She is alone in this world. She usually goes to a local garden to spend her time in solitude.
- One day she was sobbing while sitting in garden. Harry, like other passersby,is moved by her pain and suffering .He sat down with her to reduce her pain.
- Harry tells her a story about how a girl succeeded in bringing her dead lover back. This brings optimism and life back to Akshara. But as the story proceeds writer introducesyou are introduced to eccentric behavior of Harry . And it seems some grave secrets are hidden behind.
This fiction romance is about unflinching support of someone and infinite faith. This book is romance mystery but also takes turn towards dark thriller. While reading ,One also experiences paranormal and spiritual events.
To know What Harry was hiding ? And Story about bringing loved one from death back, is true or not??
So what do you think about these Fiction Romance novels? Which books do you prefer in this genre?And If you love to read self help books. Which helps you to live more lively and gaining perspective go checkout
Also if you want any other book of different genres for me to review,your suggestions are always welcome!