Find your true passion in life.
What does it mean to be passionate? How can you find your true passion in life??
What does it mean to have a dream in your life?
According to me it is one of the most important thing in our life. If you don’t have a dream, if you aren’t really passionate for anything in life then you’ll never know how far you can go, what wonders you can do.
Now you might be thinking how can it be so important. Let me explain you what passion actually does to our lives:
- It gives us a reason to travel and converse with others. It helps us in enhancing social bond.
- This gives us a reason to learn and achieve excellence and yet never settle. And always motivates us to do more and more.
- Dreams makes us experience things we never could have imagined.
- It makes us feel alive, which I believe Life is all about. I mean what’s the point of living if you doesn’t even feel alive?
“Being alive is not a miracle, feeling alive is.”~ Amit Abraham
How I am following my dream!
When I was 15, I read my first novel, ‘Everyone has a story’ by Savi Sharma. I loved how the lead characters of the book Vivaan and Meera had big dreams and they did every possible thing to make their dreams come true. And that day I decided that I need to find out what my dream is and follow it no matter what!
There’s one thing in my life that makes me feel alive that is writing. I write when I am happy, I write when i am broken, I write when there’s no one to talk to. I write poetries, I write stories, I write blogs but most importantly I write myself, I write what I feel. And this is what I love to do. That is what I am passionate about. Thanks to my friend who gave me the idea to write book reviews and articles for a website. I was actually confused about it, I was thinking what if it doesn’t work? What if I fail? but then i thought,
“The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.”– Seth Godin
So here I am, writing articles for you people.
Some of you might not believe it but I am just 18 years old. But my age doesn’t matter actually, what matters is I am the guy who is passionate about dreams and living his dream. And I don’t know what I am gonna do in future, I obviously have a lot of plans. But the most important aim of my life is ‘To never stop writing’. I’ll never give up on my dream.. because i think if i ever did, then I’ll also stop feeling alive and I cannot live such a life!
“It is better to risk starving to death than surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what’s left?”– Jim Carrey.
This quote may be a bit extreme, but it carries a great point; your dreams define you. If you abandon them, what else could possibly motivate you?
How books help me to find passion in life
I am a writer, I love learning from life, I like reading stories, I enjoy listening to people. That’s what motivates me to know more, imagine more, chase my dreams more, and eventually write more. When I read, how character struggles to achieve his goal, it ignites future within my heart.Books are my fuel to keep me running on the life’s track.
You should also try and read stories about people. If nothing else, it will help you to be passionate for your dream. Besides there are thousands of books which will help you to answer some unanswered questions.
I strongly suggest you to read some of the best Self help books. If you are not an avid reader of this genre, then it maybe difficult for you to start. You can go and check How to start reading in 2020. And see how reading books will change your life. Believe me once you end the book you will find a different person emerging from yourself.
How you can follow your dream:
Ask yourself 2 simple questions:
- What is your dream and Why?
“You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”– A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- So for those of you who does not have a dream. You can’t really push yourself to something. You don’t really know what the target is.
- So first of all you need to find your passion. Find out the thing that you love doing the most. Be it painting,writing,acting, photography etc.Find out the thing that makes you feel alive, that makes you the happiest.
- Maybe There was always a thing you dreamt of as child. But you forgot that in the midst of marathon of life.
- How just one thought of accomplishment of your dream used to skip your heartbeat. This is the time. Be the child and dream without any boundation. Because as a child you will just think of your happiness.
- And when you will start doing what you love, and find passion in your life. You will know what you want from your life.
- How far can you go to fulfil your dream?
- Dreams are never easy to achieve and maybe that’s why they are called ‘Dreams’.
- Our dreams are often at odds with our realities, demanding freedoms and resources we may not have. But this doesn’t make them impossible to achieve.
Also there are many fabulous books written by really great authors. These books can help you to find your TRUE PASSION IN LIFE. My personal favourites are “The passion test” by Janet and Chris Attwood and “Finding your own North Star” by Maratha Beck. You must go just now and buy these books.
Great people are not born great!
There are lots of people who are very famous for what they are now. But what would have happened if they weren’t what they are? What if they would have gave up on their dreams?
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, you obviously know him as one of the Best captains and Wicket keepers in the world. But what about the time he was struggling as a Ticket Collector. He did not settle there.He kept on pushing himself. Because he had passion for Cricket. Cricket makes him feel alive.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
You might have obviously heard about the “Missile Man of India”- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. He belonged to a really poor family but that could not stop him from studying and fulfilling his dreams.And faced lots of struggles in his life before becoming the “Missile Man” and ‘President’ of India. Also he wrote about his struggles in his autobiography, Wings of Fire, which is a must read for everyone. It is so motivating and inspiring. Sir Kalam also wrote in his book ‘When the young students choose their specialization‘ the essential point to consider is whether the choice articulates their inner feelings and aspirations’. You must read this book and if you want to buy click here
So never stop following your dreams, they say, “Sky is the limit” . But no Sky is not the limit, how can Sky be the limit when there are footprints on the Moon? There’s no limit for you, nothing can stop you from achieving your dreams. Believe in yourself. The moment you believe you can’t do it, everything else begins to crumble. Never stop believing.
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.”
What is your most important dream? When you were a child what did you aspire for? Do you love listening stories of others?? Tell me in the COMMENT SECTION BELOW. I would love to listen your story. I hope you loved my story and I wish my experiences help you to have more passion in your life. With this I am signing off. I will meet you next week with another inspiring article. Till then GOOD BYE.